With simply paper and creativity anyone can create art


Thursday, February 27, 2014

Dusty Attic Project for FEB

I'm here to share my February Dusty Attic project using the gorgeous new "string of hearts frame set" (DA1017). I just adore this beautiful chipboard. I also used some letters from the "mini ABC set upper" (DA0861) to for the XOXO title that I set in the largest heart.

I had this picture of my daughter as a baby (in an old frame) and decided it was a perfect size for this kind of "frame" layout. As you can see... I am still in the Valentine's spirit too. Pink is my favourite colour to scrap and this picture was actually taken on Valentine's day 2009! The beautiful paper and flowers were all purchased from C'est Magnifique.

EASY TEXTURED CHIPBOARD TECHNIQUE

1. I built up the frame with two layers of thick gesso, pouncing a stiff brush to leave peaks of gesso (and drying completely between the layers applied).

2. Next, I sprayed with a peachy pink mist, from a distance, to lightly coat the chipboard.

3. Dark pink mist was randomly applied, but this one was sprayed very close - to have it pool around the gesso peaks. The peaks act like a resist to give a nice rippled textured effect.

4. On the letters I simply primed them with white gesso and then applied glass bead gel.


String of hearts frame set (DA1017) - largest piece was used

Mini ABC set upper (DA0861) - used for the XOXO title

1 comment:

Eila Sandberg said...

Toootally adorable, both layout and little miss cutie pie!! hugs,